1. CHEMICAL COMPOSITION
„P650 HS“ is a special nonmagnetic, austenitic Mn-Cr-Mo-N-steel with a high pitting corrosion resistance , specifically developed for oilfield applications.
|max. 0,06||19,50 - 20,50||18,00 - 19,00||1,70 - 2,00||0,55 - 0,65||3,00 - 4,50|
2. MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
Following mechanical properties (tested at room temperature) are achieved by a special cold-working process over the full length of the collar:
|Yield Strength (min.) 0,2%-offset method:||OD up to 9 1/4“||180 ksi||1242 N/mm²|
|OD 9 1/2“ and larger||170 ksi||1173 N/mm²|
|Tensile Strength (min.):||185 ksi||1277 N/mm²|
|Reduction of area (min.):||50%||50%|
|Impact energy (min.):||80 ft.lb||110 J|
|Endurance Strength / N=10⁵ (min.):||80 ksi||550 N/mm²|
|Hardness Brinell: (min.):||330-450 HB||330-450 HB|
3. MAGNETIC PROPERTIES
Relative permeability: ≤ 1,005.
4. CORROSION RESISTANCE
• Transgranular SCC: Prevented by special surface treatments (Hammer peening, roller burnishing, shot peening).
• Intergranular SCC: The occurrence of material sensitization is prevented by quenching after warmforging. Each collar is tested according to ASTM A 262, Pract.A and E, last edition.
• Pitting Corrosion: Due to a high chromium-, molybdenum- and nitrogen contents a high resistance to pitting corrosion is given.
5. NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
• Magnetic inspection: Drill collars are 100% tested by a proprietary probe-testing process using a Förster Magnetomat 1.782. (“Hot Spot“-test). Magnetic permeability of each collar is certified with the printout of probe-testing.
• Ultrasonic inspection: Each collar is ultrasonically inspected over 100% of the volume according to ASTM E 114, last edition as a minimum level.